- APR 5 Private Wedding - Chicago
- APR 10 w/Los Alquimistas @Uncommon Ground
- APR 17 Block 37 - Chicago
- APR 18 w/Los Alquimistas @ Meztli Gallery
- APR 24 Private Book Opening
- APR 25 Private Rehearsal Dinner - Naperville, IL
- APR 26 Private Wedding - St. Charles, IL
- MAY 10 Private Wedding - Chicago
- MAY 14 ON VACATION May 14-18
- MAY 22 Private Hospital Reception
- MAY 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- MAY 31 w/Los Alquimistas @ Colibri Gallery
- JUN 1 Old Town Triangle Artist Reception
- JUN 5 Lunch Plaza @440 S. LaSalle
- JUN 6 Private Wedding - Palos Heights, IL
- JUN 7 Private Wedding - Naperville
- JUN 10 Cafe Brauer/Lincoln Park Zoo
- JUN 11 Private Corporate Event - Chicago
- JUN 14 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 19 Lunch Plaza @440 S. LaSalle
- JUN 21 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 26 Private Gallery Reception - Chicago
- JUN 27 Private Wedding - Hobart, IN
- JUL 5 Private Wedding - Long Grove, IL
- JUL 11 Chicago Yacht Club
- JUL 12 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUL 12 Full Mood Yoga @ East Bank Club
- JUL 16 Private Corporate Event
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Wheaton
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Joliet, IL
- JUL 22 Cafe Brauer/Lincoln Park Zoo
- JUL 24 Private Corporate Reception
- JUL 25 Private Wedding - Hinsdale, IL
- JUL 27 Chicago Yacht Club
- JUL 30 w/Los Alquimistas @Uncommon Ground
- AUG 3 Private Awards Tea - Winfield, IL
- AUG 9 Private Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
- AUG 13 The Not Wedding Rehearsal
- AUG 14 The Not Wedding @City View Loft
- AUG 16 Private Wedding - Chicago
- AUG 21 Private Corporate Event
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 26 Chicago Botanic Gardens
- AUG 30 Private Wedding - Bensenville, IL
- SEP 19 Private Wedding - ON HOLD
- SEP 27 Private Wedding - Nashotah, WI
- OCT 4 Private Wedding - Waukesha, WI
- OCT 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- NOV 1 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 6 Private Wedding - Milwaukee, WI
JULY 2014 UPDATE! The pre-order/support campaign for my album has transitioned to Kickstarter!
Please go here:
July 2014: The album is done! I’ve just posted the first two tracks out of the oven as a preview, and I’ll be adding more soon:
I hope you may consider pre-ordering, or even sponsoring the album - the deadline for sponsorship is July 18. All the information is here:
The album should be in hand in early August! THANK YOU!!!
June 2014: Happy Summer! It’s been two months since my last post, and I swore I was not going to update again until I had my record done…but…oh…so…close…I couldn’t leaving you hanging for another day.
It’s been an incredible process. I thought I had it done in late April, but as I got feedback from my engineer, I learned I had been an employing a less than ideal microphone technique. Not being able to live with the idea that it could sound a whole lot better with a slight adjustment, I re-started the whole thing.
As I write today in early June, I have just one tune to go (11 of 12 in the can). Part of what makes the process difficult is the lifespan of my strings - I’m using a special brand made for recording, that coupled with my performance schedule means I get about a 7-10 day window of perfect guitar sound before they get a little too dead, followed by 3-4 days of breaking in a new set.
I should have tracks to share by the middle of the month, and as soon as I do I’ll be re-starting the pre-order campaign, so look out for that!
In the meantime, it’s the return of nice weather! If you get the chance, plan on coming out to see me at Cafe Brauer in Lincoln Park at the Zoo on June 10.
I’ll be back soon…
April/May 2014: Two pieces of BIG NEWS this month!
First, my excellent little group, Los Alquimistas will be performing at Uncommon Ground (3800 N. Clark) on Thursday April 10. Please plan on coming out! This is going to be a great show with our friends The Webbs coming in from Detroit.
You can Like us on FB to check out our music and details - and if you can, please make reservations at Uncommon Ground beforehand, it’s a small and intimate music room:
Los Alquimistas on Facebook
THE BIGGER NEWS!
My first ever solo guitar album is nearly complete, just a couple more tracks to record, it should be done by the end of April, hoping for a June release.
However, to make it all happen, I NEED YOUR HELP! I need to raise funds for studio costs for its completion, as well as packaging and marketing costs.
So I’m asking folks to consider pre-ordering the album, and if it within your means, to also consider greater financial support.
I’ve set up a new website to act as a temporary store. Once the album is released, it will turn into a blog featuring my writing about this project and beyond:
Beyond the album pre-order, you will see other options I have created, including guitar lessons or a private concert in your home. If you have other ideas, or wish to contribute beyond these categories, please drop me a line!
This is a video to preview the album and promote the pre-order, please share with your friends!
The Panamericanist Preview Video
Thank you! I’ll be back with news of the official release dates!
March 2014: In the proverbial weeds! The month of March will be spent mostly in the studio (ie, the back bedroom of our apartment), recording solo guitar music for my forthcoming album, The Panamericanist.
I hope to be close to done by April, I’ll check back with you then!