- JAN 23 Private Corporate Event - Chicago
- FEB 1 INDIE WED 2014!
- FEB 9 Logan Square Farmers Market
- FEB 14 Valentine's Day @Uncommon Ground
- FEB 22 Climate Cycle Fundraiser @Greenhouse Loft
- FEB 22 Private Cocktail Party - Kenilworth, IL
- MAR 18 Private Art Gallery Reception
- MAR 22 Private Wedding - Chicago
- MAR 23 Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI
- MAR 29 Private Wedding - Chicago
- APR 5 Private Wedding - Chicago
- APR 10 w/Los Alquimistas @Uncommon Ground
- APR 17 Block 37 - Chicago
- APR 18 w/Los Alquimistas @ Meztli Gallery
- APR 25 Private Rehearsal Dinner - Naperville, IL
- APR 26 Private Wedding - St. Charles, IL
- MAY 10 Private Wedding - Chicago
- MAY 14 ON VACATION May 14-18
- MAY 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 6 Private Wedding - Palos Heights, IL
- JUN 7 Private Wedding - Naperville
- JUN 11 Private Corporate Event - Chicago
- JUN 14 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 21 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 27 Private Wedding - Hobart, IN
- JUL 5 Private Wedding - Long Grove, IL
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Joliet, IL
- JUL 25 Private Wedding - Hinsdale, IL
- AUG 9 Private Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
- AUG 13 The Not Wedding Rehearsal
- AUG 14 The Not Wedding @City View Loft
- AUG 16 Private Wedding - Chicago
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 26 Chicago Botanic Gardens
- AUG 30 Private Wedding - Bensenville, IL
- SEP 27 Private Wedding - Nashotah, WI
- OCT 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- NOV 1 Private Wedding - Chicago
April/May 2014: Two pieces of BIG NEWS this month!
First, my excellent little group, Los Alquimistas will be performing at Uncommon Ground (3800 N. Clark) on Thursday April 10. Please plan on coming out! This is going to be a great show with our friends The Webbs coming in from Detroit.
You can Like us on FB to check out our music and details - and if you can, please make reservations at Uncommon Ground beforehand, it’s a small and intimate music room:
Los Alquimistas on Facebook
THE BIGGER NEWS!
My first ever solo guitar album is nearly complete, just a couple more tracks to record, it should be done by the end of April, hoping for a June release.
However, to make it all happen, I NEED YOUR HELP! I need to raise funds for studio costs for its completion, as well as packaging and marketing costs.
So I’m asking folks to consider pre-ordering the album, and if it within your means, to also consider greater financial support.
I’ve set up a new website to act as a temporary store. Once the album is released, it will turn into a blog featuring my writing about this project and beyond:
Beyond the album pre-order, you will see other options I have created, including guitar lessons or a private concert in your home. If you have other ideas, or wish to contribute beyond these categories, please drop me a line!
This is a video to preview the album and promote the pre-order, please share with your friends!
The Panamericanist Preview Video
Thank you! I’ll be back with news of the official release dates!
March 2014: In the proverbial weeds! The month of March will be spent mostly in the studio (ie, the back bedroom of our apartment), recording solo guitar music for my forthcoming album, The Panamericanist.
I hope to be close to done by April, I’ll check back with you then!
Feb 2014: Here’s another new video from the same project that’s in development, this is going to be a HUGE DEAL for me, so I can’t help but share another teaser. The tango Uno, with Chicago winter in the background:
February 2014: Back to it! With “promotion preparation month” over, it’s back into the studio recording tracks for my album. I’ll have a progress report for you in March…
The big show this month: Valentine’s Day! I’ll be performing for a special three-course romantic dinner at Uncommon Ground on Clark Street. Here’s a link:
There are also some new demos from Los Alquimistas coming together right now, stay tuned…
Jan 2014: Here’s a sweet little video I just posted on YouTube, my 2014 Teaser:
Neil Dixon Smith - Coming Soon 2014
AND, while you’re surfing around, please like my new Facebook page: