- JUL 5 Private Wedding - Long Grove, IL
- JUL 11 Chicago Yacht Club
- JUL 12 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUL 12 Full Mood Yoga @ East Bank Club
- JUL 16 Private Corporate Event
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Wheaton
- JUL 19 Private Wedding - Joliet, IL
- JUL 22 Cafe Brauer/Lincoln Park Zoo
- JUL 24 Private Corporate Reception
- JUL 25 Private Wedding - Hinsdale, IL
- JUL 27 Chicago Yacht Club
- JUL 30 w/Los Alquimistas @Uncommon Ground
- AUG 3 Private Awards Tea - Winfield, IL
- AUG 5 Block 37 Rush Hour Pedway
- AUG 9 Private Wedding Rehearsal Dinner
- AUG 13 The Not Wedding Rehearsal
- AUG 14 The Not Wedding @City View Loft
- AUG 15 Private Corporate Event
- AUG 16 Private Wedding - Chicago
- AUG 21 Private Corporate Event
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 23 Private Wedding - Woodstock, IL
- AUG 26 Chicago Botanic Gardens
- AUG 28 Private Corporate Reception
- AUG 30 Private Wedding - Bensenville, IL
- AUG 31 Private Wedding - Long Grove, IL
- SEP 14 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 19 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 20 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 21 Private Wedding - Chicago
- SEP 22 Corporate Reception
- SEP 27 Private Wedding - Nashotah, WI
- OCT 3 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 4 Private Wedding - Waukesha, WI
- OCT 5 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 9 Corporate Award Ceremony - Rosemont
- OCT 9 Private Corporate Event - Chicago
- OCT 10 Corporate Award Ceremony - Chicago
- OCT 11 Private Wedding - Warrenville, IL
- OCT 16 Private Event - Chicago Ideas Week
- OCT 17 James Beard Foundation Taste America
- OCT 18 Private Museum Reception
- OCT 19 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 22 Private Party
- OCT 25 Private Wedding - Chicago
- OCT 26 Private Wedding - Chicago, IL
- OCT 31 Morton Arboretum - Halloween Fireside Cocktails
- NOV 1 Private Wedding - Chicago
- NOV 8 CD RELEASE CONCERT @ MAYNESTAGE
- NOV 20 CD RELEASE CONCERT: ANN ARBOR!
- NOV 22 Know Resolve Fundraiser - Clinton Twp, MI
- DEC 13 Private Party
- APR 18 Private Wedding - Chicago
- JUN 6 Private Wedding - Milwaukee, WI
OCT 2014 UPDATE: Announcing TWO CD RELEASE CONCERTS!
Saturday November 8 @ MayneStage, 1328 W. Morse Chicago. Tickets and information here:
Thursday November 20 @ Canterbury House, 721 East Huron Street
Ann Arbor, MI. 8pm Showtime, $5 Students/Seniors $10 General. Info here:
What can I say? I hope to see you somewhere!
September 2014: IT’S HERE! Finally! My debut solo guitar album, “The Panamericanist: Compositions and Arrangements of Alfonso Chacon” album now officially exists and you can learn all about it, as well as purchase CDs or Downloads here:
I hope you dig it!
Labor Day Weekend 2014: As I await to bring you news of the official existence of The Panamericanist, I have some excellent news to share: I’ve been tapped to the be the reception/dinner entertainment/ambience for the James Beard Foundation Taste America event in the Grand Ballroom of Trump Tower in Chicago on October 17.
Yes, THAT James Beard Foundation, the one that gives out top honors in the culinary world each year. The Taste America Chicago event is one of 10 such events across the country, raising money for their culinary education programs and other charitable works. The chefs that will be preparing the appetizers and main courses are a veritable Who’s Who of top shelf Chicago/World chefs. It does not get any more awesome than this. I understand a few tickets remain:
Mid-August 2014: It’s been quite a Summer! As of this writing my album is off to the printer, I should have actual copies to distribute by mid-September.
It’s been an incredibly long process, making the album itself and then the fundraising efforts. Between my own initial effort at the end of April, and then the successful Kickstarter campaign in July, 97 folks have pre-ordered the album or otherwise supported the project. I am so grateful! I can only hope everyone enjoys it!
If you would like to order your copy, a new Store has been created on albums home site, ThePanamericanist.com:
Beyond readying for the CD release, I’ve been super busy with weddings, outdoor parties and all sorts of Summer goodness. I hope you’ve been enjoying yours!
JULY 2014 UPDATE! The pre-order/support campaign for my album has transitioned to Kickstarter!
Please go here: